To my elder and younger,
So today at work I was trying to schedule events for a client to the end of the month (end of project) and I realized how much it was a total domino effect. “Item 1” couldn’t be done until “item 2” was done, and “item 2” couldn’t be done until “item 3” was done, and a few more dominos in the chain as well.
This made me think about how so many things in life are staged like dominos. For instance, I was watching the oh-so-cute infomercial for the Baby Bullet as was like “I want a BABY!!!!!” But of course then the domino effect came into play and I realized that there is currently so much out of my control that stands in the way of my desire to have a baby.
To understand what obstacles I might have, below is the desire and the obstacles that stand in its way.
Obstacle 1: Getting Engaged - To get married I need to get engaged
Obstacle 2: Getting Married - I have no desire to have a baby without being married
Obstacle 3: I take specialized medication that I would need to go off in order to get pregnant
Obstacle 4: When I go off my specialized medication I will probably be horrible to be around which would make getting pregnant difficult
So although it is somewhat trivial to have these things floating around in my head, they do like to keep a temporary home in my head, and like to come and visit when I see infomercials like the Baby Bullet.
-A
P.S. Babies are cute, so can you blame me for wanting one?!
So Library school can be (sorta) useful for some things...
ReplyDeleteOrganizational chart models:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_Evaluation_and_Review_Technique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gannt_Chart