To My Youngers,
There are things that happen in your life that make you think about, well, about life. Not in a big philosophical way necessarily, but more in a "Hum, I could very easily just... not be alive. At any moment" kind of a way.
Sunday evening the stage at Bluesfest collapsed. Just fell down. Like a fort made of cushions and blankets, except with the sound track from a monster movie. It took less than ten seconds. *Poof* it was just a pile of metal and fabric and squashed lights and guitars. I've seen videos of stuff like that before, but I was standing on that stage this morning... In the photos, in the videos, there are cases I pushed around, there are people I worked with, my friends. Everything is familiar but warped, surreal. everyone is ok, and that makes all the difference, but there is still something, just... strange about it all (beyond the obvious strangeness of a giant stage collapsing seconds after the band runs off stage.) At least six or seven people I know could easily have died. Pretty much all at once. Its... weird.
I dunno, maybe I should be all reevaluating my life and stuff, but that's not really whats happening. I mean I had a 'Huh, I might actually die right now' experience camping a few years ago and it completely changed how I saw everything (even got rid of my insomnia!), but that was first hand. And in the middle of a bunch of stuff about my life that I really didn't like... But right now? I'm just having more of a 'I'm really really happy no one got hurt!" kind of a reaction. I guess I'm just pretty happy with my life right now.I guess thats a good thing.
Also good no one died.
Two. Two good things.
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment