I was Sweatin' Like Tall Josh for most of the Saturday of Hillside. So much so that I sweated off my sunscreen and got a weirdly pattern burn on my shoulders. In case anyone was wondering, green tattoos and red sunburn leads to grossly brown skin. Like, mixing too many paints together brown. But like, on skin. Seriously. Its the Hillside Way.
I have mentioned them before, but Chuck Klosterman's Hypertheticals. Which apparently relate to a lot. There is one that asks the question: If you could chose, would you rather be remembered only by the people you know until they die and then be lost to time, you know, like 99% of us are and will be, or would you chose to go down in history with everyone remembering you? Or more specifically, remembering a singular, bizarre thing about you and associating you solely with that? I site: Buddy Holly glasses, General Tso's Chicken (or tofu, which is delicious, btw), Hammer Pants...
What got me on this, obviously, was Tall Josh. What happens if Sweatin' Like Tall Josh actually becomes a thing? Will people, in a couple hundred years start thinking that Tall Josh is just Josh, like "just Josh-ing with you" Josh? Like how Jack and the Bean Stalk and Jack be Nimble and Jack and Jill are, well, not the same Jack, but I thought they were when I was a kid. Or at least that there were a lot more Jacks when stories were written than there were in my classes.
I wonder what I would be remembered for if there was only one, strange thing I could be remembered for... I would speculate, but its really hot right now, and I'm busy Sweatin' Like Tall Josh.
-K
No comments:
Post a Comment