So while this post is back-dated as well, it is only 2 days late rather than over a week. Not bad. But I have an excuse: television.
Whenever I go away on vacation (in this case, The Cottage, which, well, sorta has internet, but I am not particularly inclined to use it. its The Cottage. I have better things to do. Like sleep 11 hours a day and swim a lot and re-read Harry Potter 7 before I eventually see the last movie), I always take like 3 or 4 days to get settled in when I get home. I don't unpack for a couple days, I usually manage to remember to grocery shop, but no garuntees, and I never open my mail por respond to emails until at least 3 or 4 days after I get home. Why? Because of tv.
I haven't had cable for over a year. I am an internet viewer. Which is good and bad. It means I can watch stuff whenever, because its, well, there, waiting for me, but it also means I can watch stuff whenever. So when I've been away for the internet for more than a week, what is the first thing I do when I get home? Well, usually go to the bathroom and get a glass of water, and check my email, or at least delete junk mail, and then see what I've missed. And watch it. All. Until I'm caught up. That can be 2 or 3 episodes of a single show. In a row. Plus YouTubers who've uploaded videos since I last checked. Its very time consuming. So what was I doing when I should have been writing this very post? Watching Torchwood. Miracle Day. Episodes 3 and 4. With multiple interruptions from my phone. And groceries. At least I remembered to do them. But it was totally worth it. Even if we didn't get a shot of John Barrowman's bum. (may I say, episode 3 was very, well, sex scene-y. And apparently being immortal means you don't get hang overs?)
The thing is though, once my bills are paid and my fridge re-stocked and my emails returned and the suitcases emptied, I find that missing a few weeks isn't actually missing much. Sure, I missed the chance to hang out with friends a couple times. But nothing really actually happened per se. I didn't miss anything scandalous or serious or important. Life when on and I had my own, off to the side there. It weird how much catching up you don't have to do when you get home. Or maybe that's just me.
-K
No comments:
Post a Comment