Summer is almost over. Which, apparently, is the perfect time to gear up for fall tours, album releases, and general musical excitement.
The albums:
Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin. Releasing something like 26 songs. That may come close to doubling their catalogue. I don't even care if a bunch of them are off singles and EPs I already have. There are 26 of them.
Library Voices. New cd out one week from today. Which is crazy amazing. Because its been less than a year and a half since their first full length. Even better? That I am the fan girl that I am and ordered the pre-sale. Which, evidently, came with an instant free download. Of the entire album. Who has listened to it non-stop for the past 3 days? This guy. Or, you know, girl. Or whatever. I've already started to mess up the lyrics. "Virginia I don't wanna die" is NOT how the song goes. Is that how I sing it in my head? Yes. How does it actually go? "Regina I don't want to fight." Close? Kinda. Random word switches? Definitely. But is the album kinda freakin awesome? Yup.
Said the Whale. Who apparently have a bunch of songs longer than 3 minutes. Which is impressive. Although, I do quite like the ditties. The less-than-2-minutes-long songs that are just kinda adorable snippets. And they mean than a half hour set has like, a million songs. Which is pretty awesome.
The concerts:
September 22: Arcade Fire. Free. 'Nuff said.
October 26: Library Voices. At an uber tiny venue. You don't even understand how amazing this is.
Ok, I can't remember who else is coming ATM, but there are a lot. Partially because Pop Montreal always leads to a lot. But its more than that. This is totally the Fall of Music.
Wait, that makes it sound like Music is falling. And yet, Autumn of Music doesn't have quite the same ring to it...
-K
No comments:
Post a Comment