Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Maybe I'll re-think My Luddite-ness

To My Youngers,

I've always been a bit slow at accepting new technologies... I still own a tape player, VHS machine and typewriter, and had a laptop for four years before I actually started using it instead of my desktop... Until relatively recently my cell-phone was kind of a brick (though it was about half the size of the only other cell phone I'd ever owned...) and both mom and dad are still much fatser texters than I am (many a 'wht gate r u at?' followed by 'hav u landed yet?' followed by 'where r u?' has resulted in a flustered "I CAN'T TEXT THAT FAST!!!! ... and I'm at gate 23" phone call in response).

Recently however (with the advent of a $5/mo texting plan ;o) I have been starting to embrace the texting phenomenon- but I can't lie- most of my enthusiasm for it stems from the joy I get in re-reading old texts when I have to go through and delete my inbox contents...

I just completed such an extravaganza anf thought I would share with you my top 20 gems (it was going to be top 5, but I was giggling too much to narrow it down... ;o) And so without further ado:

Erin's Top 20 random texts (August 2011)
20.   "come visit me so you can take me to get groceries"
19.   "beans are a poor substitute for bacon"
18.   "omg alex is actually reading the bible. OMG!"
17.    "deeeeeeeeeeeluxe!"
16.   "Well I guess logically he turned into a balloon. Most likely
         witchcraft was involved"
15.   "I'm julia Roberts and you're Richard gere. I'll be smiling and laughing
          obnoxiously every step along the way"
14.   "don't fuck around, it was a totally manly cookie!"
13.   "you could say "ewwwww Oh my god, your lung!"
12.   "Doctor who is making me scared"
11.   "Is he being that guy in every canadian band who looks like a
         lumberjack?"
10.   "be careful not to trip when you go to the bathroom!"
9.     "yeah and by attacked I mean humped"
8.     "I have to pee, meet me there!"
7.     "nothing settles a stomach like pickles and beer"
6.     "don't let them poo on you!"
5.     "Well I am on a bus. so I need pants"
4.     "You don't have to shower right?"
        "Not if I'm living with a groundhog"
3.     "micheal aranda is stuck in france!!! (I wish texts had italics)"
2.     "I might see you there. Unless I get tazered"
1.     "I'm sure he has experience sexing small mammals"

Ah being entertained by simple things is the best...

-E


2 comments:

  1. I may just have to add you to my favs so that I can be entertained long distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure numbers 11, 3, and 18 are all from me. And I now realize just how many of our texting has to do with vlogs....

    ReplyDelete