To My youngers,
I have been remiss. A whole week without posting! My apologies, what with the election and working and... well to be honest- a full day of getting caught up on Gossip Girl, I had little time left for the aforementioned blogging... but now I am returned. or have returned. whatever.
In my absence I have also been occupied playing card games. or more correctly one specific card game. (Also I have been doing a remarkably excellent job at converting everyone else who plays this game into massive fanboys/girls). That game. Is Sopio.
It is super lame. And super simple. In fact it is so lame and so simple that it is both confusing and astoundingly awesome at the exact same time, in the exact same amounts. Until you understand how to play it. then its all awesome and zero confusing. Sorry sentence structure, its late, I am tired, and I have to get up in five hours to help my friend paint his house. Deal.
So Sopio is this card game invented by favourite youtuber Alex Day and his cousin Danny (who I'm sure has a last name, which may or may not be Day, but sorry Danny, you may have invented my new favourite card game, but you still have yet to make me wish you would read the bible... sorry again, that was way to confusing to anyone who is not me or K. Or my cell phone, if my cell phone were a person. cuz then it would remember receiving a text which read only (in all caps) "OMG ALEX IS READING THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!") aaaanyways they invented this game in concept only then spent so much energy trying to convince people that it was a real game that they decided to actually make it into a real game. and it is only the best. game. ever.
I'm not sure if I could properly explain it- well I could, its quite simple really, but it would just sound lame and un-fun and that is the exact opposite of what it is is. Instead I will steal a quote from one of my convert friends (who literally went home after playing and bought his own pack online mere minutes later...) so in the words of Jeff Winter "Its like Magic the Gathering, only with funnier cards, and fewer rules, and its easier to play, and you would actually be able to get girls to play it with you!" So in other words, like Magic the Gathering, in so much as it is a card game, but unlike Magic the Gathering insomuch as it is, well, incredibly fun. and awesome. and won't make you unavoidably single for the rest of your life.
Google it or check it out on youtube, or if you live near me and want to play, just ask. I totally carry it with me in my bag at all times. Because I actually do wish someone would just come up to me and ask if I would play Sopio with them. No seriously though, if someone did that, I might fall over from shock. or pee myself laughing. either way, I guarantee you would be entertained.
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment