To my elder and younger,
So I follow and read everything written by Rick Riordan and this past Tuesday his newest book was released. As I was checking to see if it would be cheaper to buy online I noticed that and I quote “Join bestselling author Rick Riordan as he signs the newest adventure...” Then I noticed it was at Yorkdale mall in Toronto on Thursday October 6th at 7pm. His ONLY Canadian stop on his book release tour. How lucky I am to live close to where I can actually go!
I was over the moon! I could actually buy the next book in a series I love, by an author of whom I have read everything he has written AND get to meet him and get my book signed!!!!
I got to the Indigo location in Yorkdale on Thursday at 6:30 and quickly purchased the book and then found the back of the line for the signing.
Now that was were the excitement halted. I stood in the same spot from 6:35 to 7:35 without moving a single step. At least I was able to start reading the new book I had just bought. After 5 chapters read and an hour passed the line finally started moving on the main floor. I moved through the twisting and turning line up and made it to the bottom of the stairs to the second floor and got to the next level of line line at 8:35.
By 9pm I was within ten feet of Rick Riordan. I got up to the desk and got to say how much I love his books and he did the typically rehearsed thank you for coming with the probably painful smile on his face, and he signed my book.
I actually met and have the autograph (although completely messing signature) of my favorite living author!
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment