Monday, October 17, 2011

Flatface

To My Youngers,

As I'm sure I have mentioned on several occasions I like things that are silly. I think silliness in the adult world (aka once you be all growed up) is vastly underrated and criminally under-used and is something that should be included in the daily functionings of all people.

On that note, I would like to present a game I have happened upon in my youtube perusings, and have recently introduced to both K and El. It is called 'The Flatface Game'. and it is the Best. Game. Ever.

Now I know that I said that just recently about Sopio, but these two things are in distinctly different categories. Because Sopio is an actual game. Granted a very silly, simple and aruably pointless game (though aren't they all?), but a game in the regular at least semi-competitive sense of the word.  Flatface is more of a game in the we'll-just-call-it-a-game-so-we-can-pretend-theres-a-reason-we're-doing-this sense of the word... also Sopio is 'best' in the most-funnest-game-ever sense while Flatface is more of a simplest-thing-you-can-do-to-make-yourself-almost-pee-your-pants sort of 'best.'

The rules are (though maybe its more of a goal...?) goal is simple:  try to make your face as flat as possible. Note here the inclusion of the word 'try.' The goal is not necessarily to MAKE your face as flat as possible, but to put every bit of concentration, every bit of effort, every bit of everything you'rve got into the attempt. Squash your eyes, tuck in your chin, eradicate your mouth and, most importantly, pull your nose right back into the middle of your head. (Clearly this last one is the most difficult, hence most vital part of the game.) For extra fun, record your attempts with a camera, then you get twice the fun of laughing at yourself as well as laughing at the person you're playing with!


Play it with your friends, neighbours, random people on the street... they'll likely all think you're weird, but on the bright side, YOU'LL be the one with the flat face!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment