Friday, September 16, 2011

The forest through the trees

To my elder and younger,

Have you ever started planning a project, be it creating a new dress, unpacking and laying out a new apartment or that endangered Mixed-CD? When you start planning you have such joy and hope that it will turn out spectacularly.

This first stage of planning is aways where the spark of excitement lies. Then as I have discovered, perhaps by a small amount “A.D.D.” as you get into your project you start to loose focus and loose steam. I think it’s becasue you can’t see the forest through the trees at this point.

My absolutly faviourite moment in any project is when all of a sudden that forest starts to become the focus and you can see the big picture is almost complete.

I had this moment today at work. I know everyone experiences this feeling slightly differently, but all the same... when it happens it is wonderful!!!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment