Friday, June 3, 2011

Little White Lie

To my elder and younger,

Today I went to the bank to deposit my measly pay-cheque and got talking with the teller about his dog and for some reason I felt the urge to share stories about M&A's dog. Before I started my story, I stopped and changed what I was about to say to make it seem like it was my dog I was talking about. Now this small white lie did not hurt anyone. Moreover it just made my story and myself seem more credible instead of talking about someone else dog.

So this made me wonder more about all the little white lies I tell every day. It also made me think about the show "Lie to Me" with Tim Roth. A brilliant show where they can, thru the art of facial and body signals we are not aware we are doing, tell who is lying and sometimes what severity the lie.

As an avid user of white-lies I wondered how many people out there can actually tell when someone is lying?! Furthermore, if they can tell you are lying is it a person by person thing? Like your best friend can always tell when you are lying because they have known you for such a long time. OR is it they can tell when anyone is lying?

I just hope that if I ever meet a walking lie-detector that they are not as blunt as "Lie to Me" character Cal Lightman played by Tim Roth.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment