To My Youngers,
SO I stumbled upon something on Sunday. Not something undiscovered or little known, just something unknown to me, something called NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The basic idea is that youc omit to writing 50,000 words of a novel during the month of November.
Now I am not a novel writer, but I have really been enjoying writing this blog for the past few months so I thought I would give it a go. It would have been nice if I had discovered it more than one day before the start of November, but it seems to have been a bit of a blessing in disguise. If I had had weeks and weeks to plan out my characters and my plotline I never would have started at all. Instead I simply started writing with absolutely no plan in mind.
Its not going amazingly, its not going poorly, but it is going! So Far I've been keeping up with the 1667 words a day (though many of them are jumbled bits of nothing!) and have even started to sketch out a few characters and a (very) rough idea of a plot. I've never successfully finished a story (even back in elementary school I always wrote 'too be continued...') so beyond the goal of 50,000 words by November 30th, I am also going to set myself the goal of actually finishing the story (whatever that may be!). Now I doubt that part of it will happen by November 30th, but theres something to be said for being optimistic!
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment