To My Youngers,
Sorry its been a while, I've been both fairly sick and fairly busy, and then I just got out of the habit... at any rate, I had a bit more time on my hands today so I thought I would catch up! Actually I should have had a bit of time on my hands yesterday as well, but things didn't go quite as planned...
I'm not really a cat person. I kind of used to hate cats, then strongly disliked them, and now its on more of a case by case basis (some I still really really can't stand, while El's two cats have won me over...) the point is though that I have never had cats before, nor had occasion to be around them much at all. I've had dog, sure, but there are some important differences. For example dogs don't really climb on tables and cats do. So when you have a dog you can leave a palate full of leftover (still wet) paint sitting on the kitchen table and there is nothing to worry about! you can go outside and hang up christmas lights and come back in and everything will look just as you left it... with cats? Yeah apparently its somewhat different. Little-blue-and-red-paw-prints-all-over-the-house kind of different...
So that took a while to clean up. As did the paws of said cat. Though I have to say I was impressed that no biting or scratching occurred over the forty five minutes we spent sitting on the bathroom floor with the cat wrapped firmly in a towel and me making every attempt to trip the paint-filed fur from his hooligan paws... I guess thats one of the reasons El's cats are actually alright... That and they sit on command. who knew?
-E
PS I also backdated one or two of the wrote-and-never-posted variety...
No comments:
Post a Comment