Friday, May 13, 2011

The Universal Plea

To my elder and younger,

So I was watching this weeks episode of Bones, and they killed off the intern Mr Nigel Murray! I couldn't believe that they would kill off a character like that. And as he lay there dying he kept saying over and over "I'm not ready, don't make me leave, I love it here".

Later on Bones reflected that she thought because Mr. Nigel Murray was an atheist it meant he was blaming her, Dr. Brennan, for the "decision" of his death. Booth made her realize that he was talking to God or the Universe and not her.

This made me open my eyes to a common trend in human life, both fictional and in real life. No matter what people believe through out their lives... in the end they want to try and bargain with someone/something to keep going.

I know this is a little heavy a topic for a Friday night, but the episode made me sad, and made me remember/realize how fleeting life can be. So with that said, I just want to say I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!

-A

2 comments: